Paper Streamer Fringe Garland Backdrops
Streamer Fringe Garland Backdrop
Bright, bold and biodegradable! These paper streamer fringe backdrops add an awesome POP of colour to your event! Mix and match colours, shake up the sizes – GO CRAZY! Check out our easy how-to guide below.
The instructions of the following guide will make a streamer fringe party garland measuring approximately 3m high x 2m wide!
Time for construction: Approximately 2 hours uninterrupted
You will need:
- 2 x 2.4m lengths of 100% cotton twine
- 1 x cotton twine “measuring string” approx 3m long
- 24 multicoloured streamers approx. 25mm wide by 13m long each. (we used 8 colours x 3 each)
Pick up the above materials from your local craft store or shop our DIY packs! -https://dustconfetti.com.au/products/diy-paper-streamer-fringe-backdrop-kit
- Decide your colour pattern! We’ve constructed our pattern following a rainbow gradient, but feel free to get creative with yours!
- Lay out one length of cotton twine
- Using the measuring string, cut your streamers into 3m lengths
- Fold one streamer length in half. Hold the top fold with one hand with your fingers in the middle to keep some space. Twist the streamer trail below once to create a loop.
- Bring the loop underneath your length of cotton twine, ensure this is along a decent way from the end of your twine to allow space for it to be tied.
- Loop the streamer ends up in front of the cotton twine and through the loop. Pull through like a tie until the streamers are secured on the cotton twine. Take care so the streamer doesn't tear!
- Repeat the above step (spacing apart each tie by a finger width approximately 2cm) until you have tied 48 streamer ties
- Congratulations! You’re halfway there! Take a break and give yourself a pat on the back
- Repeat steps 2 – 7 for your second length of twine
- Hang up bottom length approximately 1.8 metres from the ground
- Hang up top length approx. 1.4 metres above the bottom length and gently sweep top fringe ends over the top of the bottom fringe ties
- Voila! You’re all set up! Get partying 😊